Tarot Card Description & Meanings
Ten of Wands shows a man holding a bunch of ten wands, which seem quite a load on him. It looks like he has taken on more than he can carry.
This card represents responsibility, pressure and burden, which can seem overwhelming and too much to handle. It may seem that you have taken on more than you should.
The Ten of Wands asks you to notice where in your life you are feeling burned out. Try to find balance so that no one area weighs upon you too much. If you are taking on too much in some way practice stopping, taking a breath and looking objectively at the situation. Ask yourself: "Is this something I need to take on?" If not, drop it. Try to choose "want tos" over "have tos"!
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- overly ambitious or selfish in your aims, taking on too much.
- weighed down and burdened by responsibilities.
- a lot of pressure is put on you right now, which is causing you to feel overwhelmed.
- you may want to help other people at this time.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- someone is trying to deceive you, so be careful who you trust.
- a release of pressure and a lightening of your load.
- losses, but if you think and act carefully, you can minimize the amount lost.
- a romance may end very quickly.
- you may not be happy at work, but a great opportunity to go elsewhere and move on will soon happen.
- More Suit of Wands Cards -
Ace of Wands
Two of Wands
Three of Wands
Four of Wands
Five of Wands
Six of Wands
Seven of Wands
Eight of Wands
Nine of Wands
Ten of Wands
Page of Wands
Knight of Wands
Queen of Wands
King of Wands