Tarot Card Description & Meanings
The Eight of Cups shows a man's back as he is walking away, on a journey somewhere. The setting of the card is night, which is different to most cards. The cups are stacked up behind the man, something which he is leaving behind.
This card represents a need for making some drastic changes in some area of life, either on a personal, work or domestic front.
This card shows that change is necessary, even if there is upheaval and disquiet in the interim.
The Eight of Cups is telling you it may be time for you to move on. You may be feeling a sense of restlessness or maybe you are finding that things which once gave you joy and satisfaction no longer have meaning for you. It is therefore time to begin the search for a deeper meaning. This may be a time of both sadness and joy for you. The sadness of giving up something familiar and the joy of realising that there is a deeper, more meaningful path for you. Try as best you can to keep your eye on the future.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- unhappy with a current situation and a desire to change it.
- feeling down, not willing to make further personal sacrifices.
- thinking of moving house, city or even country.
- realization that something that was once considered important is not so any more.
- a shy, nice lady may offer assistance.
- you now know which plans to hold off and which ones to go ahead with.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- much happiness and joy in the near future.
- rejoicing, partying, celebration and happiness.
- after a time of solitude or separation, you feel whole and normal again.
- More Suit of Cups Cards -
Ace of Cups
Two of Cups
Three of Cups
Four of Cups
Five of Cups
Six of Cups
Seven of Cups
Eight of Cups
Nine of Cups
Ten of Cups
Page of Cups
Knight of Cups
Queen of Cups
King of Cups