Tarot Card Description & Meanings
The Queen of Cups is a trustworthy woman, who has benefited through her years of experience in life. She is sitting on a throne which is at the edge of water and her feet are actually in the water, which represents our emotions and the spirit.
The Queen of Cups also has a great deal of intuition, which she uses wisely in making decisions. She wants to make sure her loved ones are comfortable, healthy and secure.
This card is advising you to see the deeper meaning behind the "wrong" actions and behavior of people around you at this time. Although it may be hard to recognize, bad behavior can often be a cry for help, not an attack on others. You are being asked to behave as the Queen of Cups would and love your fellow human beings no matter what they do. Even a person with seemingly no redeeming qualities is likely loved, accepted and understood by someone.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- stability of marriage (or relationship) and domestic happiness.
- strong intuition and balanced emotions.
- good, sensible advice from a fair and honest woman.
- look more deeply into matters and develop inner vision.
- surrounded with people who are devoted and caring.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- an emotional sacrifice may be necessary to achieve an outcome.
- someone who means well but cannot be trusted.
- do not dismiss any advice you are given.
- deception may be occurring in a personal relationship.
- overactive imagination, full of exaggeration and nonsense.
- inconsistency on the part of other people around you.
- do not do anything immoral or dishonest.
- use more than just intuition, logical is also required to solve problems.
- More Suit of Cups Cards -
Ace of Cups
Two of Cups
Three of Cups
Four of Cups
Five of Cups
Six of Cups
Seven of Cups
Eight of Cups
Nine of Cups
Ten of Cups
Page of Cups
Knight of Cups
Queen of Cups
King of Cups