Five of Cups Tarot Meaning (Minor Arcana Card)
The Five of Cups shows a man with his head bent in sadness, three of the cup turned over and their contents have spilled out. The man is feeling lost and sad, overwhelmed by his emotions for what he has lost. He cannot see the other two cups that are still upright and have their contents inside still.
This card represents the strength and courage to overcome any difficulties, it is just being able to tap into that strength and find it.
This card signifies going back to what we know best to do the best for ourself.
Five of Cups General Meaning
The Five of Cups advises you to accept when you feel a sense of loss and allow the grieving process to take its natural course. Also, loss hurts because we resist change, so you are advised to recognize that all your experiences are necessary lessons in accepting this basic truth about life.
Upright Meaning: What this upright card means?
Five of Cups in Upright position, this card has the following meanings:
- people from your past re-enter your life and bring back happy memories.
- regretting having lost touch with old friends and glad for their return.
- extra money through a lottery win or inheritance.
- someone you meet now could have a long-term effect on you.
Reversed Meaning: What this reverse card means?
Five of Cups in Reversed position, this card has the following meanings:
- let go and move on from a person or situation.
- reunions and healing of rifts with people.
- sense of loss but it is only a minor feeling.
- true friends will be there for you, so the future looks better.
- new alliances and friends.
More Suit of Cups Tarot Cards
Ace of Cups
Two of Cups
Three of Cups
Four of Cups
Five of Cups
Six of Cups
Seven of Cups
Eight of Cups
Nine of Cups
Ten of Cups
Page of Cups
Knight of Cups
Queen of Cups
King of Cups
Tarot Cards Library
Our Free Tarot Spread List
This is our free tarot reading list. Choose your spread now to begin.
More From This Website