Tarot Card Description & Meanings
The Seven of Cups shows a float of seven cups with various things inside them, before a man, who is expected to make a choice of one of the cups (and its contents). The man may not be able to make a choice as there are too many for him to decide and he is lost in his own thoughts and dreams to be in the here and now.
This card represents a time of daydreaming and fantasy, not accepting reality. This card warns against not being realistic as foolish and unwise.
This card suggests you may need to introduce more balance into your life. Keep each area - work, relationships, family commitments etc - in perspective, not allowing for wild swings in any particular direction. You are in danger of losing a sense of what is and isn't important in your life if you indulge every feeling you have, so be careful not to always believe what your feelings appear to be telling you.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- lost in daydreams and fantasy and not accepting reality.
- deal with the potential in emotional and financial situations realistically.
- be creative with the daydreams and use it to your advantage.
- self-confidence you portray is only a front.
- seeking philosophical or spiritual advice.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- strong will and determination will help you succeed in any situation.
- decisions have been made and life is on the right path.
- logical and clear thinking finds solutions easily.
- confusion is now all in the past.
- More Suit of Cups Cards -
Ace of Cups
Two of Cups
Three of Cups
Four of Cups
Five of Cups
Six of Cups
Seven of Cups
Eight of Cups
Nine of Cups
Ten of Cups
Page of Cups
Knight of Cups
Queen of Cups
King of Cups