Tarot Card Description & Meanings
Death: This card shows the grim reaper in amour on a horse leaving waste and destruction in his path. Interestingly, the people on the right are welcoming his return.
This card represents endings, sudden changes, renewal and rebirth, not necessarily physical death. This card is telling us it is time to move on, as good things await.
This card is all about transformation and the resolution of a situation.
You need to remember that all good things come to an end. Everything we have in our lives exists on a temporary basis. If you can come to terms with this it will help you appreciate things and people while they are around and cope with the sense of loss when they are not. Remember also that any pain and difficulties you experience will pass away in time too.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- a time of great changes.
- ending of particular situations.
- a need for a new attitude.
- a renewal, especially if life has been stalled lately.
- new child, new partner, or new job.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- changes may only have partially happen, not yet completed.
- there may be immobility, depression, loss or illness.
- changes have not even taken place yet, there is a standstill.
- you may be fearing change and putting things off.
- we will recover from any loss, but it will be a slow process.
- Key Meaning: Reformation and transformation.
- Mythology: No Meaning.
- Astrology: Pluto: rebirth and renewal.
- Numerology: 4: number of power when used wisely, but has the potential to be destructive when not used well.
- More Major Arcana Cards -
The High Priestess
Wheel of Fortune
The Hanged Man