Tarot Card Description & Meanings
The Hermit: This card shows a cloaked old man with a walking stick to help him walk the path he has chosen, holding a lantern to light his way.
This card represents a need for solitude within, a time for reflection and isolation, in which we can think things through properly and decide on a course of action. This card is associated with the spiritual quest, meditation and inner reflection.
This card is asking you to find sound and wise advice from within.
The Hermit suggests you may have a need for some time alone - a period of reflection where distractions are limited. There may be a lot going on for you at this time and you are losing sight of who you are and where your soul is. The Hermit is a reminder of that part of you that thirsts for a deeper meaning and reminds you to look within for answers to problems. You will need to feed this urge for solitude or quietness when it arises.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- stop and reassess the sitatuation before going any further.
- you always know what is best for you.
- good advice is coming to you.
- consider long term plans carefully.
- be patient, prudent and cautious.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- you may be daydreaming too much and not doing anything.
- lessons from the past have still not be learn yet.
- warning against making hasty decisions or childishness. li>
- surrounded by delays or doubts in our decisions.
- good advice given has been ignore to your detriment.
- Key Meaning: retreat, solitude and reflection.
- Mythology: No Meaning.
- Astrology: Mercury and Virgo: planning and reflective nature.
- Numerology: 9, Mars: physical and material plane, force and energy (9 is an indestructible number).
- More Major Arcana Cards -
The High Priestess
Wheel of Fortune
The Hanged Man