The Moon Tarot Meaning (Major Arcana Card)
The Moon: This card shows the moon looking down on some dogs baying and a scorpion emerging from the water. It shows our dual nature and that not everything is as it seems.
This card represents the unconsciousness. It shows that we are becoming more aware of our hidden depths.
This card warns of deception, trickery, dishonesty and double-talk.
The Moon General Meaning
The Moon advises you to be wary not to always trust your feelings. In times of anxiety, emotions and thoughts can become confused. You need to be continually aware of how little we as human beings really understand about what is going on in our lives. Try being humble about what you think you know and question all your preconceptions. Sometimes the greatest wisdom we can have is to know that we don't know. Remember also that clarity and confusion, like the Moon, have phases and do pass. The Moon asks us to be calm and patient and to not be too affected by these phases.
Upright Meaning: What this upright card means?
The Moon in Upright position, this card has the following meanings:
- learn to rely on ourselves and be firm in our beliefs.
- imagination is working overtime.
- disagreements and high emotions.
- unexpressed feelings/thoughts in our subconscious.
- not a good time to make any important decisions.
Reversed Meaning: What this reverse card means?
The Moon in Reversed position, this card has the following meanings:
- read the small print in any contracts or legal documents.
- decisions are easier as you see things more clearly.
- trust your instincts, as they are mostly right.
Interesting Bits: What else?
- Key Meaning: Deception and subconscious mind.
- Mythology: No Meaning.
- Astrology: Moon, Pisces: emotions, sensitivity, deception.
- Numerology: 9: materialism overcoming spirituality.
More Major Arcana Tarot Cards
The High Priestess
Wheel of Fortune
The Hanged Man
Tarot Cards Library
Our Free Tarot Spread List
This is our free tarot reading list. Choose your spread now to begin.
More From This Website