Tarot Card Description & Meanings
The Lovers: This card shows a male and female with a higher power between them. The male represents the conscious mind, while the female represents the subconscious mind. This is a card of choice. It is not just about romance and relationships, but it does deal with those areas too.
This is a card about love, relationships, decisions, as well as about understanding ourselves and others.
The Lovers card advises you to make important choices about your life. You need to listen to both your heart and your head and work out what\'s right for you and those around you. If it isn't right to make changes at this time, make that an active decision rather than just letting things carry on as they are.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- a need to find balance and harmony in life.
- relationships are very important.
- choices should be ultimately made by the inner soul.
- ensure you know all details before making a decision.
- more money may need to be spent on a project to bring it to fruition.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- a relationship is one-sided or is strained with difficulties.
- decision and plans made are very unwise and not well thought out.
- fickleness and infidelity of a partner is possible.
- separation from loved ones.
- advice from others just confuses a decision even more.
- Key Meaning: Choice in life situations.
- Mythology: No Meaning.
- Astrology: Mercury, Gemini: duality, restlessness, versatility, communication.
- Numerology: 6, Venus: love, beauty, harmony, attractiveness and drive to succeed, overcoming any obstacles.
- More Major Arcana Cards -
The High Priestess
Wheel of Fortune
The Hanged Man