Tarot Card Description & Meanings
The Emperor: This card shows an older male ruler on a throne, who is in charge. He carries an Egyptian angh in one hand (immortality/spirit) and a globe in the other hand (control). This ruler uses logic and power to solve problems and reach his goals. This ruler is a true leader in all sense of the word.
This card signifies ambition, power and logic. It is very masculine and has themes of leadership, rational thought and strength.
The Emperor advises you to adopt his attitudes. See how you can improve your life by taking greater charge of your situation. The card is a good sign that you have leadership potential, so this is a good time for you to practice being more commanding and decisive. You may well be surprised at just how easy it is for you to do this and how effective it can be.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- logical, rational thought are required to solve issues.
- take responsibility for all actions you undertake.
- a person in power or responsibility and who can be looked at as a mentor to help provide some answers.
- a good friend who is trustworthy, to discuss our issues with.
- improvements can happen, but only if we act accordingly.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- decisions made are not wise or beneficial.
- curb emotional responses to situations - try to think more logically.
- an authority figure who isnt using their power wisely.
- people around us who are not what they appear.
- be strong and stay focused on the issues at hand, do not crumble and show weakness.
- Key Meaning: Leadership and rational thought.
- Mythology: No Meaning.
- Astrology: Uranus: the rebel, the eccentric, seeking reform and change, positive and strong, but loner too.
- Numerology: 4: strength, ambition and reliability.
- More Major Arcana Cards -
The High Priestess
Wheel of Fortune
The Hanged Man