Tarot Card Description & Meanings
Eight of Swords shows a woman who is tied up and blindfolded, in the middle of a muddy puddle, surrounded by many large swords. She does not appear to be in a good position, but the swords are stuck in the ground, so she could get away if she wanted to, as she isn't being threatened.
This card represents a feeling of restriction and inability to see things for what they are, a fear of going forward.
The Eight of Swords advises you to follow the truth of your feelings. Be honest with yourself: are you really happy in this job? this relationship? amongst these friends? etc. Are you following your dreams or have you wandered off track somehow? Perhaps the dangled carrot of money or security tempted you to take a detour and now you feel lost and confused. No matter what stage you're at, commit to using all your energy, bravery and willpower now to bring you back on course. Have faith that you can find that track again, be prepared to work hard to get back on it and know that you will be grateful to yourself for having chosen it.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- fear is holding you back and making you indecisive.
- suffering from stress-related problems, especially ones relating to health.
- fearing consequences of actions, but not realising that they are necessary.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- restriction and limitations will ease.
- any setbacks will only be temporary and not difficult.
- may feel a bit despondent and feel that life is against you.
- More Suit of Swords Cards -
Ace of Swords
Two of Swords
Three of Swords
Four of Swords
Five of Swords
Six of Swords
Seven of Swords
Eight of Swords
Nine of Swords
Ten of Swords
Page of Swords
Knight of Swords
Queen of Swords
King of Swords