Tarot Card Description & Meanings
Five of Swords shows a man holding the swords, who is smiling and looking like he is the victor, while the other men walk away from him. This shows conflict in the relationships between the men, due to someone's actions.
This card represents the realization that you cannot run away from your problems, that you have to take a stand and fight and deal with them.
The Five of Swords asks you to remember that we are all of one soul. If you are winning at someone else's expense, this is not really winning, but an illusion of success. Whatever your involvement, you are paying a price on some level - so try always to remember that win-win solutions are the only solutions that work. Selfishness is ultimately a destructive emotion. Real self-interest lies in generosity.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- partings and separations, maybe leaving a country altogether.
- selfish actions and manipulation to get what you want.
- be guarded against troublemakers and violence who abuse power and authority for selfish means.
- don't take on too much that you cannot cope with it all.
- know you will win through, even though your reputation may be a little tarnished.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- any problems will be lessened.
- you will be able to reach a common ground with people who were in conflict with you.
- guard your possessions against theft.
- success will be there, but it will not be as much as you expect.
- More Suit of Swords Cards -
Ace of Swords
Two of Swords
Three of Swords
Four of Swords
Five of Swords
Six of Swords
Seven of Swords
Eight of Swords
Nine of Swords
Ten of Swords
Page of Swords
Knight of Swords
Queen of Swords
King of Swords