Tarot Card Description & Meanings
Ten of Swords shows a man who has been stabbed in the back by the ten swords. This card indicated the ending of something, whether it be a relationship, job or a project.
This card represents a sudden end to a situation, there is nowhere else to go, it is over. Any difficulties with the ending will only be temporary, so take heart in that.
This card suggests that you may be facing tough but important lessons at this time. You may be allowing one sword after another to stab you in the back, each one making you more and more weak. Perhaps this is because you feel guilty about something and feel you deserve to be punished. You need to ask yourself, however, what the payoff is in allowing this continuous pain. You first need to accept that you are prolonging this tragedy, then laugh at yourself and enjoy the symbolism of ten swords stabbing you in the back. After all, wouldn't one be enough?!
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- divorce, separation or other emotional or personal loss.
- difficulty in coping with the loss that was sudden or violent in nature.
- be careful not to trust people who are deceitful and lie.
- small improvement in materialistic possessions.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- disappointments and setback will only be temporary and not cause as much pain as you may have expected.
- may feel totally lose and a failure on an emotional level.
- profit and improvement in your situation, the future looks hopeful.
- More Suit of Swords Cards -
Ace of Swords
Two of Swords
Three of Swords
Four of Swords
Five of Swords
Six of Swords
Seven of Swords
Eight of Swords
Nine of Swords
Ten of Swords
Page of Swords
Knight of Swords
Queen of Swords
King of Swords