Tarot Card Description & Meanings
Nine of Swords shows a woman who is crying in her bed, suffering a great deal emotionally and not able to sleep. This woman has had a horrible loss and is in great need of comfort and advice, to help her deal with her loss.
This card represents illness and loss of some type, but these are not permanent, as recovery will be quick and faith will soon be renewed.
The Nine of Swords advises you to calm your worries and keep them within your control as much as possible. There usually isn't the need to put as much energy into our worrying as we do. Think about focusing your anxious energy into doing something about your worries instead of perpetuating downward spirals. You may be surprised at how little energy it takes to change your circumstances, and thus break the cycle. Remember that all the fretting and worrying in the world does not change our situation.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- advised to be positive at all times, through all difficulties, otherwise despondency will ensue.
- being fearful is not advised, stay strong and look within for the strength you need.
- family problems and discord.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- surrounded by deception and falsely.
- a lot of stress and anxiety.
- try not to worry unnecessarily about difficulties and problems.
- there will be healing and health will improve.
- More Suit of Swords Cards -
Ace of Swords
Two of Swords
Three of Swords
Four of Swords
Five of Swords
Six of Swords
Seven of Swords
Eight of Swords
Nine of Swords
Ten of Swords
Page of Swords
Knight of Swords
Queen of Swords
King of Swords