Tarot Card Description & Meanings
Three of Swords shows a heart pierced by three swords, in an angry sky with dark clouds and rain.
This card represents loss of possessions or friends or loved ones.
This card indicates that heartache and pain is around the corner.
Swords represent states of mind and states of conflict. In using the sword we can confront life's battlefield with the necessary protection to see us through. The message of the Three of Swords is to use the "sword" of communication to battle against repeated heartbreaks. You are being advised to take more risks and communicate the secrets of your heart more. Give up the defenses and control in favor of trust and communication. You can choose to heal the hurt and the underlying pattern of heartbreak in order to move forward into a new level of maturity in your relationships. Accept and forgive the past and you can let it go.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- ill health is indicated.
- loss of some type and also remorse.
- sort out problems, but be prepared for delays and disappointments that will ensue.
- do not delude yourself and believe in false things.
- while not an easy time, you should learn from the pain.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- any losses or illness will only be minor or temporary.
- feelings of sadness, confusion or loneliness - seek solitude to feel better and deal with it.
- separation from loved ones and feeling incompatible with everyone and lonely.
- know that things will improve, but slowly and not yet.
- More Suit of Swords Cards -
Ace of Swords
Two of Swords
Three of Swords
Four of Swords
Five of Swords
Six of Swords
Seven of Swords
Eight of Swords
Nine of Swords
Ten of Swords
Page of Swords
Knight of Swords
Queen of Swords
King of Swords