King of Swords
King of Swords Tarot Card Meanings, Interpretation & Description. Learn more about King of Swords - Minor Arcana card. Read King of Swords meaning and description including upright and reverse tarot interpretation.
King of Swords Tarot Card Meanings
King of Swords shows a king on a small throne, sitting outside and holding a large sword. This King is not so concerned about materialistic possession, he is more interested in logical thought and being a pro-active and rational leader. He knows how to control his emotions and is a very smart and strategic leader, thinking through his plans before executing them.
This card represents a lawyer, doctor or military person, who has an influence in the Tarot reading.
When you draw this card you are being asked to develop the qualities of the King of Swords in yourself. Believe that you have his strength of character inside you which can help you confront any confusion or difficulties in your life. Trust that all answers to all questions lie within you, in order to help you move through any periods of darkness.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- excellent logical advice that is well articulated by a smart person.
- someone who is not impulsive, but feels very impatient and who believes they are always right.
- a person that is direct, forthright and can get to the crux of a matter quickly.
- look to new ideas in order to start a new project or to make it successful.
- sudden promotion, career advancement or assistance from a person in power.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- very critical, mean and demanding of others.
- take care not be be a selfish person who will stop at nothing to achieve their goals and often fails as a result.
- watch out for someone with few scruples or morals.
- difficulty dealing with bad news and hard times.
- More Suit of Swords Cards -
Ace of Swords
Two of Swords
Three of Swords
Four of Swords
Five of Swords
Six of Swords
Seven of Swords
Eight of Swords
Nine of Swords
Ten of Swords
Page of Swords
Knight of Swords
Queen of Swords
King of Swords