Tarot Card Description & Meanings
Queen of Swords shows a Queen sitting on her thone, holding a sword upright with one hand, while gesturing with the other hand. This Queen is open and welcoming, has great mental clarity, gives good advice and does not get overwhelmed by her emotions. This Queen may have suffered a loss and could be on her own and a little lonely, although she did have wonderful times in the past.
This card represents creativity, a sense of purpose in all endeavors and the ability to command respect from all around you.
This card advises you to notice where there may be a deception of some kind occurring in your life. The spirit of the Queen of Swords will need to be adopted in this area for the balance to be redressed. The dishonesty may be being perpetrated by you or by someone around you. It may however be that you are lying to yourself. Either way, you will need to inject a large dose of truth and honesty into the situation.
Meaning - upright
What this upright card means
Upright, this card has the following meanings:
- thoughtfulness, introspection and intellectual ability.
- strength of purpose and meaning.
- help will come from a woman with the characteristic of the Queen.
- possible sadness, loneliness or separation.
Meaning - reversed
What this reverse card means
Reversed, this card has the following meanings:
- guard against pettiness, bad tempers or deceit from others.
- a loss of some type, either personal or emotional.
- closed off emotionally and too proud to admit anyone in to help.
- More Suit of Swords Cards -
Ace of Swords
Two of Swords
Three of Swords
Four of Swords
Five of Swords
Six of Swords
Seven of Swords
Eight of Swords
Nine of Swords
Ten of Swords
Page of Swords
Knight of Swords
Queen of Swords
King of Swords